2018 Fall Groups at Path to Progress
SUPERFLEX ONE-DAY BOOT CAMP: Intro or review (One Day – 2 hours)
This is a one day event for both our previous Superflex campers to review the lessons already learned, and also for new campers who are joining the Superflex group for the first time. This course is a requirement for those new students who are interested in joining the subsequent 5 week camp (see below). Superflex and his team of “thinkables” continue to help us defeat “stuck thinking”, aka Rock Brain. Flexible thinking is a skill that can be learned with practice! This fun curriculum introduces social thinking basics. Minimum group size is two with a maximum of five. If your child is new to PTP, an intake and a screening will need to be completed before starting the group.
- EARLY BIRD RATE $75.00 (After 9/30 $90.00)*
- Saturday, October 13th
- 4th-6th Graders
- 11:00am – 1:00pm
SUPERFLEX : Thinking Socially, with Zones of Regulation (5 weeks)
This is a continuation of our previous Superflex Boot Camps. Students new to the “Superflex” camp group will be required to attend the Saturday Boot Camp (see above) as a prerequisite. This group is for 3rd-5th grade elementary school students interested in working on team skills and group participation. Superflex and his team of “thinkables” again will be called into action. Join us as we work to grow our social thinking skills together and use the “Thinkable Superheroes” to build strategies kids can embrace in a variety of social situations. We will also use the Zones of Regulation to help us build flexible thinking skills and better equip each child to understand and express how they may feel during social activities. Minimum group size is two with a maximum of five.
- EARLY BIRD RATE $200.00 (After 9/30 $225.00)*
- Each Tuesday Oct. 16-Nov.13 (5 weeks)
- 4th-6th Graders
FLEXIBLE THINKING: Holiday Spirit (4 weeks)
Holiday activities are both exciting for some and cause anxiety for others. Changes in school and family routines often raise stress levels and result in compromised flexible thinking. Join Superflex and his team of “thinkables” as we take on the Unthinkables that can threaten our holiday season! Grades 3-5. Minimum group size is two with a maximum of five. Prerequisite: Child will need to have attended one of our previous Superflex groups or one-day boot camp (see above).
- EARLY BIRD RATE $165.00 (After 11/13 $185.00)*
- Each Tuesday Nov.27-Dec.18 (4 weeks)
- 3rd-5th Graders
- 3:00 pm-4:00 pm
WEE SOCIAL EXPLORERS-1: Early Social Skills Group (5 weeks)
Our Wee Social Explorers will learn the important tools that promote participation in a group setting. Using the We Thinkers Curriculum, children will listen to stories that teach about thoughts and feelings, thinking with your eyes, following a group plan, and whole body listening. Sessions will use a multi-sensory play experience to practice, learn, and experience social thinking skills. Minimum group size is two with a maximum of four. If your child is new to PTP, an intake and a screening will need to be completed before starting the group.
- EARLY BIRD RATE $150.00 (After 9/8 $175.00)*
- Each Monday (5 weeks) Sept. 10- Oct. 8th
- Ages: 4 1/2 years – 6 years
- 11:15 am-12:00 pm
PRESCHOOL GROUP: Social Skills Play (5 weeks)
Please join us for an interactive 5 week preschool social language play group that will focus on peer interaction, turn taking, eye contact, requesting, responding to and asking questions and appropriate peer interactive play skills. Each session will include a book, movement, art, and game. Ages 3-5 years. Minimum group size is two with a maximum of four. 45-minute sessions. If your child is new to PTP, an intake and a screening will need to be completed before starting the group.
- EARLY BIRD RATE $125.00 (After 9/8 $150.00)*
- Each Tuesday (5 weeks) Sept. 11- Oct. 9th
- Ages: 3 – 5 years
- Time: 11:15 am-12 pm
* For all PTP Camps-Full payment due at time of registration (Cost of camp + $25 registration fee*). All camp fees are non-refundable unless due to camp minimum not being met. Registration fee waived for current PTP clients. If not a current PTP Client an intake and a screening will need to be completed prior to joining a group.
WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS FOR CANCELLATIONS OF GROUPS UNLESS THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENT OF KIDS IS NOT MET.
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-802-5508
POP-UP DOJO at Path to Progress
We are excited to have Pop-Up Dojo now offering one on one and group classes at PTP. They are currently offering sessions on Mondays 5 pm-7 pm and Saturdays 11am-12pm. For more information about please call 704-761-8071 or visit their website POP-UP DOJO
Yoga at Path to Progress
We are excited to have Movement, Mindfulness, and Me offering some of their amazing classes at PTP. Listed below are the groups that will be offered at PTP for the Fall.
Yoga is a tool that has been shown to, improve self-regulation (patience, attention, ability to follow directions, improve body awareness / “sense of self”. Improve motor control and endurance, increase strength and flexibility (weight bearing poses often yield improved fine motor control. Handwriting improvements, refinement of scissor skills, etc.) . Build core strength (postural improvements, stability in the spine and neck as the foundation of visual motor skill refinement, fine motor coordination and overall motor control refinement). Provide greater confidence and reduced anxiety.
These classes will be taught by a 20+ year experienced pediatric OT, registered yoga teacher, registered children’s yoga teacher & mindfulness teacher this small group session provides a fun, supportive environment to learn these valuable skills.
“Young Yogis!” = After School Fun-Filled Yoga!
This class is designed specifically for the motor, cognitive and sensory benefits of the early elementary aged students. Participants will
- stretch and strengthen their bodies through yoga postures and motor activities
- build social skills through interactive games and fall stories with related yoga poses
- improve focus and attention by incorporating self-regulation strategies, and breathing techniques into developmentally appropriate yoga games
Each class will end with calming relaxation time (i.e. guided stories, sharing time, etc.)
- Tuesday at 4:15 for 5 weeks
- First Session Dates: 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/9, 10/16
- Second session Dates: 10/23, 10/30, 11/6, 11/13, 11/20
- For children in 1st-3rd grades
- Cost: $100 for 5 weeks session
- A minimal number of 3 and a max number of 10 kids
- Each participant will require a yoga mat * Please let Movement Mindfulness and Me know if you would like to purchase a mat prior to class- Thank you! Mat available is a Yogi Junior Kids Yoga Mat – PVC Free – Double Layered TPE Foam in Glacier Boho Fox and Kiwi Pals pattern ($20 each mat)
“Rise and Shine Someone Who Loves Me and Me” AM Yoga for Those 3 to 6 years (Preschoolers, Home-schoolers, etc.)
Enjoy a fall story, participate in age appropriate yoga poses & activities to promote well rounded visual skill development, build core and upper body strength! A take home activity is provided to each child to support age appropriate developmental skills related to each weeks theme! This all-inclusive class helps children of all abilities develop foundation skills for pre-school and K classes!
- Thursday at 9:00 for 5 weeks
- First Session Dates: 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18
- Second session Dates: 10/25, 11/1, 11/8,11/15, (Skip 11/22 as Thanksgiving) and then 11/29
- For children for 3 to 6 years ( Preschool through K age)
- Cost: $100 for 5 weeks session
- A minimal number of 3 and a max number of 10 kids
- Each participant will require a yoga mat. *Please let Movement Mindfulness and Me know if you would like to purchase a mat prior to class- Thank you! Mat available is a Yogi Junior Kids Yoga Mat – PVC Free – Double Layered TPE Foam in Glacier Boho Fox and Kiwi Pals pattern ($20 each mat)
Mindful Movers for Homeschoolers
Could a young student in your life benefit from learning how to anchor his/her thoughts and attention when things seem out of control? Techniques to reduce anxiety and stress? Develop self-regulation skills & strengthen the ability to sustain attention in our fast paced and demanding world today? Build resiliency and cultivate self-compassion?
“Mindful Movers” classes take on a deeper dedication to exploring mindfulness and what this current “buzz” word means to our young people today. Through an 8 to 12-week series of classes. Each class begins with a mindfulness lesson, based on the Mindful Schools curriculum, followed by a series of yoga movements and closing with a time of relaxation. The lessons are designed to develop self-regulation skills, strengthen the ability to sustain attention, enhance compassion toward themselves and others, and much more. They discover the ability to anchor themselves when things seem out of control, reducing anxiety and stress. Through movement, stillness, stories, and games, the children mindfully explore their inner and outer worlds, while cultivating a very beneficial life skill!
Small therapeutic like setting with a focus on building a solid social-emotional foundation: Sessions include lessons on Self-management (self-regulation, self-awareness, body awareness, Coping strategies (maintain emotional balance), Resiliency (perseverance, growth mindset), Compassion for self and others (kindness practices), Attention/focus skills (managing our busy minds, staying in the zone), Listening to the body’s signals (recharging their bodies and minds), Listening before injury or accident (intuition) . These classes are designed to encourage tuning-in more to their Inner “Cheerleader” and less to their Inner “Critic”
- Thursday at 1:00pm for 5 weeks
- “Part I” First Session Dates: 9/20, 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18
- “Part II” Second session Dates: 10/25, 11/1, 11/8,11/15, (Skip 11/22 as Thanksgiving) and then 11/29
- For children approximate ages 7 to 12 ( 2nd to 6th graders)
- Cost: $200 for 5 weeks session. All materials included (Notebook, handouts, practice sheets, etc.)
- A minimal number of 3 and a max number of 6 kids
- Each participant will require a yoga mat
If you are interested in joining one of the yoga groups please visit the following link www.movementmindfulnessandme.com/signup